Pan-Seared Salmon with Lemon and Herbs
Pan-Seared Salmon with Lemon and Herbs Ingredients:
1. Prepare the Salmon: Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat the Pan: Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and let it heat for a minute or two until it shimmers.
3. Sear the Salmon: Place the salmon fillets in the hot skillet, skin-side down. Allow them to cook without moving for about 4-5 minutes, or until the skin becomes crispy and golden brown.
4. Flip and Cook: Gently flip the salmon fillets using a spatula. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes on the other side, or until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Salmon is done when it easily flakes with a fork and is opaque in the center. The internal temperature should be around 145°F (63°C).
5. Add the Flavors: In the last minute of cooking, add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill, chives). Toss the herbs and lemon mixture over the salmon fillets.
6. Serve: Remove the pan from the heat. Plate the salmon fillets, spooning the lemon and herb mixture from the pan over the top. Garnish with lemon wedges.
7. Enjoy: Serve your pan-seared salmon immediately. It pairs wonderfully with a side of steamed vegetables, a fresh salad, or some couscous.
This dish is not only delicious but also quick and easy to prepare, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Enjoy your homemade pan-seared salmon with lemon and herbs!