Easy Baked Scallops
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel and remove the tough side-muscle.
3. Place scallops in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
4. Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, spices, butter and olive oil.
5. Top the scallops with the mixture
6. Put them in the oven and bake until the scallops are opaque (about 15 minutes).
7. Broil the scallops for a minute or two if the topping isn’t browned.
Baked Scallops Variations:
Lemon juice: drizzle the juice from a freshly squeezed lemon over the top of the scallops for some extra zesty flavor.
White wine: add a little bit of white wine to the bottom of the pan. the scallops will absorb the flavor as they cook.
Au Gratin: closely layer scallops together in a baking dish and then cover them in a thick layer of your choice of cheese, casserole style. Once you bake them, the cheese will add a yummy savory flavor.
Bay scallops: bay scallops are a smaller variety of shellfish but are equally as tasty. If the bay variety are all that you have available, don’t worry! You can still make this great tasting scallop recipe as an entree or as a tasty appetizer.